Today has been one of the worst days for weather that I've seen in quite a while. I didn't even know that anything was coming because we didn't have weather warnings or anything like that but when I walked home today, it dawned on me that it was actually quite bad.
You'd have thought that I'd have caught on to the fact that the weather was quite dangerous at lunchtime when the kids from another local school all came flooding into our sports hall saying that they'd been evacuated because the roof had blown off their school building. It was quite funny because I got into science and all my friends were saying that this school roof had blown off! And me, being stupid, thought that they meant that there had been an explosion or something and I was baffled as to why everyone just accepting and why they weren't scared. But then I realised that they meant blown in the literal sense... like blown with wind.
I find it ironic that a few weeks ago, they predicted a big storm for the UK because of the hurricane and everyone prepared for gale force winds and all but in the end, I think a twig might have fallen off the tree in my back garden. And then they didn't even predict bad weather for today and yet look what's happened... 2 men have died and there's awful flooding and bad damage everywhere. I have to say, the MET office have done a fantastic job.
People being evacuated from their homes
That's all for today! Stay safe if you're in the UK. Byee

No comments:
Post a Comment