Thursday, 5 December 2013

Classic Christmas Ads

It's that time of year where the TV is overtaken by sleigh bells ringing, snow falling, lights twinkling and some pretty big deals all in time for christmas. I have to admit that I wait around for those special christmas ads that always make me smile and that get me in the christmassy mood. And here they are - My Top 5 Christmas Ads of 2013!

5.  Morrisons

 

Morrisons is a grocery store in the UK and it is known to be slightly more expensive than other chain supermarkets such as Sainsbury's or Tesco's. This years Xmas advert from them is one of my favourites from them for a while and it features a gingerbread man seranading the popular english presenters - Ant and Dec. He sings one of my favourite songs from the Disney film 'Beauty and the Beast' - Be Our Guest whilst dancing on a table full of delicious looking food. It's the cutest thing ever and it makes me feel so christmassy!

4.  M&S


Marks and Spencers (M&S) are a big chain shop in the UK that sell pretty much everything. They're quite expensive but they sell some great clothes and some of my favourite foods (Percy Pigs). They've based this ad on the story, Alice in Wonderland, but the so called 'Alice' is wearing a lot less clothes and the 'Mad Hatter' has to be one of the hottest guys I've seen for a while. They also got Helena Bonham Carter to be in it which is why it's number 4 for me. She is such a good actor and she's really pretty!

3.  Boots


The Boots Christmas advert is in third place for me because I love the story and the moral of it. Boots is a general health and beauty chain store in the UK. The advert focuses on a teenage boy who goes around his neighborhood dropping off anonymous presents to people that have helped him or done something for him. He leaves the presents on their doorsteps along with a little note explaining why they get a present and what they mean to him. My favourite one is where he drops off his present for his crush and the note says "Because you're the fittest girl in Year 10".

2. John Lewis


John Lewis always do the best Christmas adverts. They're always really cute and they always have a good moral. This years advert had a budget of £7 million and it's about a bear who's sad because he always misses Christmas as he's hibernating but then he meets a hare who gives him an alarm clock which wakes him up in time for him to see the Christmas tree. Lily Allen did a cover of Keanes 'Somewhere Only We Know' for the advert which went straight to  number one in the charts. It's such a good song and the whole advert is just so cute. You HAVE to watch it!

1.  Coca-Cola


What kind of person would I be if I didn't put the Coca-Cola advert in first place? This is the one advert that I look out for every winter because It's not Christmas until you've seen the Coke advert. I don't know why but it has always been and it will always be my favourite ever Christmas advert. You have to see it to understand and I can't explain it. It's just that feeling you get when you see all the Coca-Cola vans driving in a line through a snowy village. I love love love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment