Sunday, 16 February 2014

Larry Stylinson?

I watched a movie called 'We Bought a Zoo' yesterday. I have a line from it in my head and I can't get it out and it's really annoying. Plus one of the actors looked a lot like one of my friends at school... weird really. It's good, you should watch it!

Anywaaayyy...

I recently discovered a craze amongst the One Direction fandom called 'Larry Stylinson'. For those who don't know what this is, it's a ship between two members of 1D, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson. For those who don't know what a ship is, it's the belief or hope that two people are in a romantic relationship. Understand?? Goody! Let's carry on then.

Look at them - They're so cute!

I first came across this ship ages ago when it came up on the related vidoes bit on YouTube and I was in one of those moods where I was so bored that I'd watch anything. At that point I wasn't really in to One Direction but around a year and a half later, when I'd started liking them, I came across it again and that's when I realised how big this craze is.

If you go on YouTube, there are millions of 'Larry Proof' videos where people have put as many points together as they can which apparently prove that Harry and Louis are in a relationship. I can't deny that they are very convincing and they can lead you to believe that the guys are gay for eachother, I've been there. But there are are an astonishing amount of people who genuinely think that Harry and Louis are in a relationship and these people are willing to go to any lenghts to defend their opinions. This had lead to fights between fans and lots of discomfort for the boys.

I don't actually know what to think about 'Larry' because, on one hand, they are so cute together and I'd totally love it if they were actually in a relationship however, on the other hand, I respect the fact that they are both in relationships with girls. I've seen some of the hate that Eleanor (Louis' girlfriend) has got and it honestly disgusts me.

Let me explain to you what the Larry shippers think of Eleanor. They believe that she is a 'beard' - a man or woman used as a cover for a gay partner. They actually think that 1D's management had paid Eleanor to act like a girlfirend to give the impression that Louis is straight. Larry shippers take this as a personal insult and go out of their way to be as horrible to Eleanor as possible. I mean look at this...


This is just one example of millions of messages sent to Eleanor. I think it's disgusting - even if she was a so called 'beard' for Louis, she would only be doing it to help him. I don't believe that Louis hates her and I think that she sounds like a lovely person so I really hate the fact that she's getting so much hate when she's done nothing wrong.

Another thing is that people who devote their lives to finding Larry proof have started to label anything as proof. For example - when Louis talks to Harry or even looks at him the whole internet blows up saying stuff like "OMG, they're so in love! Look at how they looked at eachother". Now I don't know about you but I'm willing to be swayed by some actually convincing evidence but most of what I see now-a-days are just moments where they glance at eachother! That's not proof, it's life!

I'm definitely not saying that Larry is absolutely not true, I'm in the middle, but what I am saying is that it doesn't have to be one or the other. Yes, Harry and Louis may like eachother - I dunno, but no, this doesn't mean that everytime they look at eachother, they're secretly eye f****** eachother and no, it doesn't mean that every girl they talk to is some bitch forcing them to act straight.

I think that people need to take a step back and allow the guys to be themselves. They've actually admitted that all the heat of the Larry stuff has affected the way they act with eachother in public and I think that's really sad. They're obviously really good friends and I don't think it's fair that they have to guard themselves in public of the fear that someone will make the rumours worse.

That's all! Don't send me any hate please! I'm just trying to see in the middle here... I'll leave you with a cute picture of them and I'll let you make up your own minds about what you think.

Awwwee, how cute? Matching blankets!
 
Byeee!

No comments:

Post a Comment