Yep, it's that time of year again. The time of year where I feel like crawling up in a ball and crying. The time of year where nobody around me has the right to be happy. The time of year when I don't wanna talk to anyone, see anyone or even hear anyone... I'm ill. No, it's not just any type of illness. It's my yearly cold. I get it once a year and when it comes, all my mental barriers just shut down, I'm constantly tired and I'm super grumpy. It's like the fricking apocalypse.
So my cold always starts off with a sore throat. It always feels worse in the morning beause I wake up and feel like I've got 2 blumin' golf balls stuck in there. I try to swallow and it makes it worse so I just lay in bed with my mouth open, trying not to move, looking like a complete and utter weirdo. The sore throat works as a kind of alarm to warn me that I have a monster cold coming.
Next is the runny nose. I've spent about 60% of the past week blowing my nose and it feels like it's about to fall off. It's okay at home beause we have proper tissues but we never have the small packs that you can take on the go with you so when it comes to going to school, I have to stuff a load of toilet paper in my bag. The problem with toilet paper is that it's horrible and rough so of course, you get the 'red nose'.
Another problem I have with blocked noses is that during class, you need to blow you nose but you can't because it's so loud and you'd disrupt anyone if you did! So you have to sit there sniffling hoping that class will end so you loo and blow away.
I also hate the ear popping, the cough, the tiredness and the cosntant coldness. My feet are always freezing, I'm mostly deaf, I'm falling asleep at the table and I can't speak without feeling the need to cough my lungs out.
You know the saying, 'it gets worse before it gets better'? Well that's definitely true. It's gotten way worse over the past few days so surely it will start to get better soon, right?? I got a part in High School Musical which is being put on in my school and I can't sing with this bloody cold so I need to be better by Monday. Please God.
I'll publish something new next week (: Thanks for reading!! And don't if you don't want to, but please will you leave a comment just to let me know that someone is reading this??
Thanks a lot (: LucyLou

No comments:
Post a Comment