So I've just been to Aix-En-Provence, which is in the south of France, on holiday for a week.We always go every summer because my grandad has a house in Aix so it's very cheap to stay there because we don't have to pay for accommodation. Going to France is always my favourite part of the year - except for maybe Christmas - because I love being able to kick back and relax for a while. The only downside is the fact that it takes A LOT of factor 50 sunscreen to avoid severe burns.
We left at 4 in the morning on Thursday last week so we had to get up at 2:30am and needless to say, I wasn't in a very good mood. We had to get to East Midlands Airport by 5:30 because our plane left at 6:30 and we wanted to get good seats so we thought that leaving that early was a good idea. It was a good idea in a way but, we somehow managed to be the last in the queue even though we did leave 3 hours early.
The sky is so nice and blue in France.
However, being the last in the queue turned out pretty well for us because it meant that we got seats right at the back of the plane and those seats are the safest because if you crash, you are the last to die... oh yeah! Get in there!! We also got to deboard the plane first so yeah, we got lucky.
So after getting out of the French airport, we had to catch a shuttle to Aix because my grandads car was already there so, of course, that meant communicating with some French dude trying to work out which bus to catch. It was fine in the end and it took around three quarters of an hour to reach the house.
This is our family joke - If we were to make a band, we would call ourselves Toutes Directions.
Three days after arriving in France we decided to go to Calais which is a lovely town with a little beach that we love. There's no sand, just pebbles, but the water is so clear and warm. I went swimming with my sister and I tried to convince her to swim out further with me but she gets scared of sharks so ended up swimming in circles for a while.
We also went to the Saint Croix du Verdon which is the nicest place I've ever been to and we discovered it a few years back and ever since we've been addicted to going there every time we are in France. Saint Croix is a big lake where you can go swimming, sunbathing, have a picnic or even hire out pedalos - whatever floats your boat. We always get a boat, float out to the middle of the lake and stay there for a few hours. I would happily live there for the rest of my life.
Saint Croix du Verdon.
We spent quite a lot of our free time playing Monopoly as it is a tradition and we always have to have a game that lasts the whole holiday. My properties are the green and the yellow ones because I think the colours look nice together and they get me lots of money! Hehehe *evil face*. We also played a card game called Spit quite a lot which is really fun and if you don't know the rules you should definitely look it up and play it. We have taken out the rule that you spit on the card pile though and we just hit it and say "SPIT!". I think that's a bit more hygienic.
On the last night, we had a late dinner in the back yard and I noticed that the ants in France are very social. Yup, social ants. I say this because every time they pass each other on a wall, they stop for a minute and touch faces. I think it's really cute and I wish we had social ants in England.
This is a picture of the grape vines that shade the back yard in our house at Aix.
We got back to England on Thursday and it was pleasantly warm. I mean, not France warm but quite warm for England. I missed our car and my room but apart from that, I wouldn't mind if we left England and never came back.
Again, I'm really sorry for the late post and I will try and write another one this week. I hope you enjoyed my photos and that you are all having a really good summer. Or winter. Wherever you're from. Thanks for taking your time to read this! Bye for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment