Wednesday, 14 August 2013

Life Decisions

Sup!

So I'm off to the south of France with my family tomorrow and we have to set off at 3am which is really exciting cause car journeys are always so much more fun when it's early. Anyways, as I have no time to pack tomorrow, that meant doing it today. Packing isn't something I'm normally that bothered about, I just throw in sone clothes, makeup and shoes and I'm sorted! However, today was different. See, my sister is going to France for 3 months as part of her university programme because she's studying French and Spanish so we had to pack all her crap that she insists on taking with her into 6 suitcases. Now to any normal person, 6 suitcases sounds like a lot but oh no, after around 3 hours of packing filled with crying, snapping and yelling, we still haven't managed to pack all of my sisters crap. It's driving me crazy!

This is what I've been trying to do all day!

Anyway, after watching her have a mental breakdown on the bathroom floor it got me thinking, I really don't want to grow up. Growing up means having to make so many important decisions that are going to influence what you can or can't do with your life in the future. I spent so much time stressing over which GCSE's to choose, so much so that I couldn't sleep and I spent more time crying then I did eating. Now if I couldn't even make a simple decision like that, how the hell am I going to make other, more important decisions such as A levels or universities??

I have no idea what I want to be when I grow up! I like animals and writing and I can't exactly be a story writing zoo keeper can I? I don't even know if I want to go to university yet! I don't like the idea of living with strangers nor do I like the idea of living in a tiny room with no bathroom. Plus I have the attention span of a fish so the prospect of learning only 3 things scares me because I know I'll get super bored with my life.

Decisions Decisions...

I know that one day I want to go on a gap year to either Australia or America because I think that I need a break from England. My friend and I often talk about how we're gonna move ot America, meet the guy of our dreams, get married and then never have to work, ever however, I somehow think that it aint gonna happen like that. Maybe we can go on a gap year together but no matter how much we don't want to, we are goung to have to come back and become adults one day.

I think the point of this blog was to stress that no matter how much we hate the idea of growing up, everyone one day will just have to hold their nose and dive in at the deep end. It scares me to death but I'm just thinking about things that I can look forward to in the future. Meeting an amazing guy, getting married, having cute kids and looking back and thinking I'm glad I made those choices.

Wow, that was deep. Sorry if it was a bit too much for you. Anyways, as I'm off to France for a week, I'll probably do a blog about it and I'll put in some photos. You can expect that early next week, maybe even Sunday but for now,

Au revoir and thanks for reading my blog!

Lucy Lou :)

No comments:

Post a Comment